Sunday 1 December 2013

Because matching bedlinen is just like, so last season....

Eclectic, bright and Non-matching. bedlinen

Mix-matched floral bedlinens
Hibernation: Cozy mix of tartan and checks
Vintage mix of Shams/pillow cases
Stripes, spots and pattern...
A while ago I brought some really beautiful block printed Pillow/shams from Toast, I brought 2 a month as they were £20 each (ouch!). The aim was to save and buy the duvet cover later but it sold out really quickly. I was a bit disappointed but now I actually like the way they kind of don't match the rest of my bedding.

From my searches on Pinterest it seems I am not the only one. This way you can buy the beautiful pillow cases for the expensive anthopologie bedding that you love and just mix them with cheap plain coloured bedlinen. Best of both worlds!!!

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Finally! I'm in style :)

Kath said...

love the last one especially !

Mia Arp said...

Love it, so beautiful and relaxed!

Love, Mia

louise and nivaldo de lima said...

With you on that!

Ipmilat said...

No... To me it looks poverty stricken and dirty - even if t isn't.

WallpaperInk said...

It's funny. I've spent the last few years learning about which patterns match which designs and which colours work with which...turns out it was all for nothing!

hippyatheart said...

really love this mismatching beddins!

Laura Harwood said...

love these! I am a huge fan of lots of pillows...in fact you can hardly see my bed for pillows (ok, so it got a little out of control)
but when it comes to the pillow i put my head on to sleep...it has to be flannelette.I even take a flannelette pillow case with me on holiday...and when i had to have my appendix out my flannelette pillowcase came with me. Its my comfort thing :)

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Ha ha! I've been collecting images of beautiful un-coordinated bedlinen of ages .... you beat me to posting about them. Your images are exceptional, colours sing! x